Thursday, February 19, 2009
Today, I thought of sharing some benefits of Walnuts.
If you really want to take care of your health and skin problems, all you have to do is have some 1 ounce of walnut every day.
Walnuts are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which makes it very important for everyone including kids.
* Lowers total cholesterol
* Lowers LDL cholesterol
* Increases the HDL to total cholesterol ratio
* Prevents Eczema
* Prevents Psoriasis
* Nourishes your skin with their proteins
* Maximizes the brain cell's ability to usher in nutrients while eliminating wastes.
* Protects from Alzheimer's disease (most common form of dementia, most noticeable deficit is memory loss)
* Strengthens the functions of the nervous system
* Promotes healthy bones through omega-3 fat "Alpha linolenic acid"
* Reduces bone loss (During a person's lifetime, the body constantly breaks down old bone and builds up new bone. Any time old bone is broken down faster than new bone is made, net bone loss occurs)
* Rich antioxidant provides you strong immunity.
* Prevents cancer cells from replicating.
Parents, Breast Feeding Moms & Pregnant Ladies
* You would pass on all above benefits to your baby too.
* Before giving to your toddlers consult your pediatrician.
Roasting or heating walnuts diminishes their benefits, so enjoy them raw.
In a nut shell, Walnuts are "The Health Nuts". Go for it and have a healthy body with a strong mind.