Thursday, February 5, 2009
As a continuation to my last topic, smartness will have different definitions in various dictionaries.
I'll describe smartness in simple words as "Common Sense".
Sometimes with over confidence and pride over our intelligence, we adults forget to use our common sense.
For example; in an interesting test, many graduates flunked all the below questions.
However, many fifth graders gave several correct answers.
1. How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator?
2. How do you put an elephant in the refrigerator?
3. The King, Lion is hosting a conference; all animals attend except one. Which one does not attend?
4. You must cross a river that is infested with crocodiles. How do you manage it?
1. The way to put a giraffe in the refrigerator is to open the door, put in the giraffe, and then close it.
2. The way to put an elephant in the refrigerator is to open the door, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant, and then close it.
3. The animal that does not attend the conference is the elephant, because it is in the refrigerator.
4. The way to get across river is to swim across it. It is safe because all crocodiles are attending Lion's conference.
Now tell me, what is your score?