Thursday, March 12, 2009
Omega 3s are essential fatty acids (EFAs) vital for our health.
They are needed for brain development and central nervous system functioning.
They reduce all kinds of inflammatory conditions, linked to healthy heart etc.
* Decreasing risk of arrhythmia, a cause of sudden cardiac death
* Reducing risk of heart attack and stroke
* Lowering triglyceride and lipo protein levels
* Contributing to lower blood pressure
* Reducing inflammatory responses
* In fishes like Salmon, Sardines, Light Tuna, Mackerel and Herring.
* Mercury free fish oil supplements (For those who don't eat fish)
* Flax seed, Walnuts, Pumpkin seeds and Soybeans for vegetarians